How to Pick the Right RN Training Program near Land o Lakes Florida
Finding the right nursing college near Land o Lakes FL may feel like a complicated endeavor, especially if you aren’t sure what to look for in a good degree program. As you may presently know, to practice as a registered nurse, you must obtain the necessary education and training in order to become licensed. So it is vitally important that you study and evaluate the qualifications of each college you are thinking about before enrolling in your final choice. Unfortunately, too many future students base their selection entirely on the price of tuition and the distance of the school. Picking the least expensive college or the one that is nearest to your house is most likely not the most ideal way to choose a nursing program. There are various essential additional considerations to check into before you make a decision where to attend classes. But before we delve into that checklist, let’s first go over the nursing degree choices that are offered along with what the jobs of nurses are in our healthcare system.
Request Free Information on Nursing Schools Below
Nursing Degree Options
There are several degree options to choose from to become a nurse. And to become a Registered Nurse (RN), a student must attend an accredited school and program. A nursing student can acquire a qualifying degree in as little as 2 years, or continue on to obtain a graduate degree for a total of six years. Following are some short summaries of the nursing degrees that are offered to aspiring students in the Land o Lakes FL area.
- Associates Degree. The Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) is usually a two year program made available by community colleges. It prepares graduates for an entry level job in nursing in medical facilities including hospitals, clinics or nursing homes. Many employ the ADN as an entry into nursing and subsequently obtain a higher degree.
- Bachelor’s Degree. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) provides more comprehensive training than the ADN. It is commonly a 4 year program offered at colleges and universities. Licensed RNs may be qualified to complete an accelerated program based on their prior training or degree and professional experience (RN to BSN). Those applying to the program might wish to advance to a clinical or administrative position, or be more competitive in the job market.
- Master’s Degree. The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is usually a 2 year program after receiving the BSN. The MSN program offers specialization training, for example to become a nurse practitioner or focus on administration, management or teaching.
When a graduating student has attained one of the above degrees, she or he must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) so as to become licensed. Other requirements for licensing can vary from state to state, so be sure to get in touch with the Florida board of nursing for any state requirements.
Why Enter the Nursing Profession?
Nurses are an integral component of a Land o Lakes FL medical team, and for many patients, their primary care providers. A nursing career opens doors to many opportunities, such as research, health care education and specialty areas of practice. Nurses enter the profession for several reasons, the most significant are its practical and personal rewards. Nurses provide direct, one-on-one care to patients. Many patients in a medical facility or home care setting have more contact with nurses than with physicians. Nurses often choose the profession out of a desire to administer to the needs of patients, including in instances of short-term treatment of illness and long-term care of chronic conditions. This humanistic aspect of the health profession, rather than the research or analytical related facets, is attractive to many who decide to pursue a nursing career. Nurses have extensive applicable skills and can choose from a number of work settings, including home care facilities, doctor’s offices, health clinics, community centers and hospitals. Also, nurses can advance into a number of specializations, such as addictions, critical care, neonatology and genetics. Although many nurses provide primary patient care, others choose to be educators, policy advisers and pharmaceutical representatives.
Registered Nurse Job Activities
Registered nurses are the most significant occupation in the healthcare delivery system. RNs practice in numerous different medical settings, such as Land o Lakes FL hospitals, private practices, outpatient clinics, nursing homes and even schools. Their primary job is to aid doctors in the treatment of their patients. Having said that, the particular duties of a registered nurse will depend on their job or specialization along with where they work. Some of the functions of an RN may include:
- Providing medications
- Monitoring patients
- Performing physical examinations
- Managing care
- Overseeing LPNs, LVNs and nurse aides
- Instructing patients and their families
- Managing health records and charts
Nurses with a more advanced degree may have more advanced job duties and accountabilities. Nurse practitioners (NP), for example, must hold a Master’s Degree and typically work more independently than their RN counterparts. They can provide primary or specialty care services, prescribe medications, and diagnose and treat basic illnesses or injuries.
Online Nursing Degrees
Enrolling in nursing programs online is emerging as a more in demand way to receive instruction and earn a nursing degree. Some schools will require attendance on campus for part of the training, and virtually all programs call for a certain amount of clinical rotation hours performed in a local healthcare facility. But since the balance of the training may be accessed online, this option may be a more accommodating answer to finding the time to attend college for many Land o Lakes FL students. Regarding tuition, some online degree programs are less expensive than other on campus alternatives. Even supplemental expenses such as for commuting and study materials may be reduced, helping to make education more affordable. And a large number of online programs are accredited by organizations such as the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) for BSN and MSN degrees. Therefore if your job and family commitments have left you with very little time to work toward your academic goals, maybe an online nursing program will make it more convenient to fit a degree into your active schedule.
What to Ask Nursing Programs
Once you have selected which nursing program to enroll in, along with whether to attend your classes on campus near Land o Lakes FL or online, you can use the following pointers to begin narrowing down your options. As you no doubt realize, there are many nursing schools and colleges throughout Florida and the United States. So it is essential to decrease the number of schools to choose from so that you will have a manageable list. As we earlier mentioned, the site of the school as well as the price of tuition are probably going to be the primary two factors that you will look at. But as we also stressed, they should not be your sole qualifiers. So prior to making your final selection, use the following questions to see how your selection measures up to the field.
- Accreditation. It’s a good idea to make sure that the degree or certificate program along with the school is accredited by a U.S. Department of Education acknowledged accrediting agency. Besides helping make sure that you obtain an excellent education, it may help in acquiring financial aid or student loans, which are frequently not offered in Land o Lakes FL for non-accredited schools.
- Licensing Preparation. Licensing requirements for registered nurses differ from state to state. In all states, a passing score is needed on the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) along with graduation from an accredited school. Many states require a specified number of clinical hours be completed, as well as the passing of additional tests. It’s essential that the school you are enrolled in not only delivers an exceptional education, but also preps you to meet the minimum licensing standards for Florida or the state where you will be practicing.
- Reputation. Visit internet rating companies to see what the reviews are for all of the schools you are looking into. Ask the accrediting organizations for their reviews as well. Also, check with the Florida school licensing authority to find out if there are any complaints or compliance issues. Finally, you can call some Land o Lakes FL healthcare organizations you’re interested in working for after graduation and ask what their opinions are of the schools as well.
- Graduation and Job Placement Rates. Find out from the RN programs you are looking at what their graduation rates are as well as how long on average it takes students to finish their programs. A low graduation rate may be an indication that students were dissatisfied with the program and dropped out. It’s also important that the schools have high job placement rates. A high rate will not only confirm that the school has a good reputation within the Land o Lakes FL healthcare community, but that it also has the network of relationships to help students obtain a position.
- Internship Programs. The best way to get experience as a registered nurse is to work in a clinical environment. Almost all nursing degree programs require a specified number of clinical hours be completed. Various states have minimum clinical hour requirements for licensing also. Ask if the schools have a working relationship with Land o Lakes FL hospitals, clinics or labs and help with the positioning of students in internships.
Nursing Online Land o Lakes Florida
Deciding on the right nursing program is arguably the most crucial step to starting a new career in the healthcare field. There are various aspects that you must consider when choosing a nursing program. These variables will be prioritized differently depending on your current career objectives, obligations, and economic status. As we have emphasized within this post, it is critical that you pick a nursing school and a degree program that are each accredited and have outstanding reputations within the healthcare community. You originally came to this website due to your interest in Nursing Online and wanting more information on the topic 2 Year Nursing Degree.. However, by utilizing our checklist of qualifying questions, you will be able to create a short list of schools to pick from so that you can make your ultimate selection. And with the proper degree and training, combined with your hard work and ambition to succeed, you can become a practicing nurse in Land o Lakes FL.
More Florida Nursing Locations
Land O' Lakes, Florida
As of the 2010 census, the CDP population was 31,145. The CDP grew rapidly during the 1990s, growing from 7,800 residents to 20,971 as new housing developments were built. Average annual income is higher than the rest of Florida. The CDP had a population in 2007 of 30,400 residents. The name Land O' Lakes was suggested at a community meeting in 1949. On Sept. 1, 1950, the Ehren post office was renamed Land O' Lakes.
Land O' Lakes has been growing very rapidly in the past 10 to 20 years. Nearby former towns have been absorbed into Land O' Lakes such as Denham, Ehren, and Gowers Corner. New neighborhoods, shopping, and schools have been built. It is also a member of the Pasco County Library Cooperative with a library branch, the Land O' Lakes Branch Library, at 2818 Collier Parkway, Land O' Lakes, Florida 34639.
As of the census of 2010, there were 31,145 people, 11,230 households, and 8,286 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 1,126.5 people per square mile (434.9/km²). There were 8,257 housing units at an average density of 443.6/sq mi (171.2/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 86.9% White, 6.2% African American, 0.1% Native American, 3.4% Asian, 2.0% from other races, and 1.4% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 11.7% of the population. The subdivision of Carpenter's Run was used for filming the 1990 film Edward Scissorhands.
Business Results 1 - 10 of 31
Bing: Florida nursing schools Search results
Thousands bought fake diplomas from Florida nursing schools, feds say ...
“The overall scheme involved the distribution of more than 7,600 fake nursing diplomas issued by three South Florida-based nursing schools: Siena College in Broward County, Fla., Palm Beach...
3 Florida nursing schools sold 7,600 fake diplomas, DOJ says
Federal prosecutors have identified three Florida nursing schools that participated in a scheme to sell up to 7,600 people fraudulent nursing credentials, Business Insider reports, The...
3 Florida Nursing Schools Sold More Than 7,600 Fake Diplomas, Feds Say
Three schools in Florida sold 7,600 fake credentials to nursing license applicants, officials said. The faux diplomas and transcripts qualified applicants for the national nursing board...
Florida nursing schools sold thousands of fake diplomas totaling $100M
Florida nursing schools sold 7,600 fake diplomas worth more than $100 million, feds say The charges in nursing diploma case. The DOJ is prosecuting participants in the alleged scheme in five separate cases. The alleged scheme. Fraudulent degrees qualified recipients to take the national nursing ...
Florida Board of Nursing » Education and Training Programs - Licensing ...
The Florida Board of Nursing (Board) approves new pre-licensure nursing education programs that meet the application requirements specified in Section 464.019, Florida Statutes. This Section of Florida law also defines the Board’s regulatory authority over established nursing education programs.
Florida Nursing Schools Sold 7,600 Fake Diplomas, Say Feds
The accredited nursing schools under investigation for allegedly issuing thousands of fake nursing diplomas worth over $100 million (roughly $15,000 per diploma) are based in Florida: Siena ...
Nursing Schools In Florida For ASN, BSN, MSN, DNP
List Of Nursing Schools In Florida Academy for Nursing and Health Occupations. Academy for Nursing and Health Occupations is a Private... Advance Science International College. Advance Science International College is a Private for-profitinstitution with a... Adventist University of Health Sciences. ...
10 Best Nursing Schools in Florida – (2023 Rankings) - Nursingprocess.org
Nursing Schools in Florida – 2023 Rankings 1. University of Miami, Coral Gables About University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies: Faculty and... 2. University of Central Florida, Orlando About College of Nursing @ UCF: “U.S. News and World Report consistently ranks... 3. University of ...
List of accredited nursing schools in Florida
Over 80 Florida schools offer CNA training programs. Students spend at least 120 hours in ...
Best Nursing Schools in Florida - US News Rankings
Here are the Best Nursing Schools in Florida. University of Miami. University of South Florida. Florida Atlantic University. Florida International University. Barry University. University of Tampa ...