How to Choose the Best Nursing Degree Program near Boca Raton Florida
Finding the best nursing college near Boca Raton FL may feel like a formidable undertaking, especially if you don’t know what to look for in a good degree program. As you may presently understand, in order to practice as a registered nurse, you need to obtain the necessary education and training to become licensed. So it is essential that you research and evaluate the qualifications of each school you are thinking about before enrolling in your ultimate choice. Unfortunately, too many future students base their determination exclusively on the cost of tuition and the distance of the school. Selecting the least costly college or the one that is nearest to your house is no doubt not the most ideal way to pick a nursing program. There are many essential additional aspects to look into before you decide where to attend classes. But before we delve into that checklist, let’s first go over the nursing degree options that are available along with what the functions of nurses are in our medical care system.
Request Free Information on Nursing Schools Below
Nursing Degree Options
There are several degree options offered to become a nurse. And in order to become a Registered Nurse (RN), a student must attend an accredited school and program. A nursing student can acquire a qualifying degree in just two years, or advance to obtain a graduate degree for a total of 6 years. Following are some brief explanations of the nursing degrees that are available to aspiring students in the Boca Raton FL area.
- Associates Degree. The Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) is usually a two year program made available by community colleges. It preps graduates for an entry level position in nursing in medical facilities including hospitals, clinics or nursing homes. Many utilize the ADN as an entry into nursing and subsequently achieve a more advanced degree.
- Bachelor’s Degree. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) provides more expansive training than the ADN. It is typically a four year program offered at colleges and universities. Licensed RNs may be qualified to complete an accelerated program based on their past training or degree and professional experience (RN to BSN). Those applying to the program may wish to advance to a clinical or administrative position, or be more competitive in the job market.
- Master’s Degree. The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is commonly a two year program after acquiring the BSN. The MSN program provides specialization training, for example to become a nurse practitioner or concentrate on administration, management or teaching.
After a graduating student has received one of the above degrees, he or she must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) in order to become licensed. Other requirements for licensing can vary from state to state, so be sure to check with the Florida board of nursing for any state requirements.
Why Choose the Nursing Profession?
Nurses are an important part of a Boca Raton FL medical team, and for a number of patients, their primary care providers. A career in nursing can lead to many opportunities, such as healthcare education, research and specialty areas of practice. Nurses go into the profession for various reasons, the most meaningful are its personal and practical advantages. Nurses provide direct, one-on-one care to patients. Most individuals in a medical facility or home care setting spend more time with nurses than with physicians. Nurses often choose the profession due to a desire to tend to the needs of patients, including in instances of short-term treatment of illness and extended care of chronic conditions. This human side of the medical profession, rather than the research or analytical related facets, is attractive to many who decide to enter into a nursing career. Nurses have extensive applicable skills and can choose from a variety of work settings, such as nursing homes, physician’s offices, health clinics, community centers and hospitals. Also, nurses can advance into a number of specializations, including addictions, critical care, neonatology and genetics. Although many nurses provide primary patient care, others choose to be educators, policy consultants or pharmaceutical representatives.
Registered Nurse Job Duties
Registered nurses are the most significant occupation in the medical care delivery system. RNs practice in numerous different medical settings, namely Boca Raton FL hospitals, private practices, outpatient clinics, nursing homes and even schools. Their basic role is to help doctors in the treatment of their patients. However, the specific duties of a registered nurse will depend on their job or specialization along with where they work. Some of the duties of an RN may include:
- Providing medications
- Monitoring patients
- Performing physical examinations
- Coordinating care
- Overseeing LPNs, LVNs and nurse aides
- Instructing patients and their families
- Keeping health records and charts
Nurses with a more advanced degree may have more advanced job duties and responsibilities. Nurse practitioners (NP), for example, must hold a Master’s Degree and often work more independently than their RN counterparts. They can deliver primary or specialty care services, prescribe medications, and diagnose and treat common illnesses or injuries.
Nursing Online Degrees
Attending nursing colleges online is becoming a more favored way to obtain training and acquire a nursing degree. Many schools will require attendance on campus for part of the training, and nearly all programs call for a specific number of clinical rotation hours completed in a local healthcare facility. But since the remainder of the training may be accessed online, this alternative may be a more convenient solution to finding the free time to attend school for many Boca Raton FL students. Regarding tuition, a number of online degree programs are less expensive than other on campus choices. Even supplementary expenses such as for commuting and study materials may be minimized, helping to make education more easily affordable. And numerous online programs are accredited by organizations like the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) for BSN and MSN degrees. So if your work and household responsibilities have left you with very little time to pursue your academic goals, it could be that an online nursing school will make it more convenient to fit a degree into your busy schedule.
Things to Ask Nursing Degree Programs
Once you have determined which nursing degree to enroll in, along with whether to attend your classes on campus near Boca Raton FL or online, you can use the following guidelines to begin narrowing down your options. As you undoubtedly are aware, there are a large number of nursing schools and colleges within Florida and the United States. So it is important to decrease the number of schools to choose from so that you will have a manageable list. As we earlier discussed, the location of the school along with the cost of tuition are most likely going to be the primary two things that you will look at. But as we also emphasized, they should not be your only qualifiers. So before making your ultimate selection, use the following questions to see how your selection compares to the field.
- Accreditation. It’s a good idea to make sure that the degree or certificate program along with the school is accredited by a U.S. Department of Education recognized accrediting agency. In addition to helping confirm that you receive a quality education, it may assist in obtaining financial aid or student loans, which are often not provided in Boca Raton FL for non-accredited schools.
- Licensing Preparation. Licensing prerequisites for registered nurses are different from state to state. In all states, a passing score is required on the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) in addition to graduation from an accredited school. Certain states require a specified number of clinical hours be performed, as well as the passing of additional tests. It’s imperative that the school you are enrolled in not only delivers an excellent education, but also preps you to satisfy the minimum licensing requirements for Florida or the state where you will be working.
- Reputation. Look at online rating services to see what the assessments are for all of the schools you are looking into. Ask the accrediting agencies for their reviews too. Additionally, contact the Florida school licensing authority to check out if there are any complaints or compliance issues. Finally, you can speak with some Boca Raton FL healthcare organizations you’re interested in working for after graduation and ask what their opinions are of the schools as well.
- Graduation and Job Placement Rates. Find out from the RN programs you are considering what their graduation rates are as well as how long on average it takes students to finish their programs. A low graduation rate may be an indication that students were dissatisfied with the program and dropped out. It’s also imperative that the schools have high job placement rates. A high rate will not only confirm that the school has a superb reputation within the Boca Raton FL medical community, but that it also has the network of relationships to help students gain employment.
- Internship Programs. The best way to get experience as a registered nurse is to work in a clinical setting. Almost all nursing degree programs require a specified number of clinical hours be completed. A number of states have minimum clinical hour requirements for licensing as well. Find out if the schools have a working relationship with Boca Raton FL hospitals, clinics or labs and assist with the placing of students in internships.
Best Nursing Colleges Online Boca Raton Florida
Choosing the ideal nursing school is arguably the most important first step to launching a new career in the healthcare field. There are various aspects that you should consider when selecting a nursing school. These aspects will be prioritized differently contingent on your current career goals, lifestyle, and economic situation. As we have stressed in this article, it is essential that you select a nursing college and a degree program that are each accredited and have excellent reputations within the healthcare community. You originally came to this website due to your interest in Best Nursing Colleges Online and wanting more information on the topic Associates Degree In Nursing.. However, by utilizing our checklist of qualifying questions, you will be able to create a shortlist of schools to select from so that you can make your ultimate selection. And with the appropriate degree and training, combined with your dedication and desire to succeed, you can become a practicing nurse in Boca Raton FL.
More Florida Nursing Locations
Boca Raton, Florida
Boca Raton (/rəˈtoʊn/ rə-TOHN), often referred to as simply Boca, is the southernmost city in Palm Beach County, Florida, United States. It was first incorporated on August 2, 1924 as "Bocaratone," and then incorporated as "Boca Raton" in 1925. It is one of the wealthiest communities in South Florida. The 2018 population estimated by the U.S. Census Bureau was 99,244. However, approximately 200,000 people with a Boca Raton postal address live outside its municipal boundaries, in newer developments such as West Boca Raton. As a business center, the city experiences significant daytime population increases. Boca Raton is 43 miles (69 km) north of Miami and is a principal city of the Miami metropolitan area, which had a population of 6,012,331 people as of 2015.
Boca Raton is home to the main campus of Florida Atlantic University and the corporate headquarters of Office Depot, ADT, Cancer Treatment Centers of America, and Bluegreen Corporation. It is also home to the Evert Tennis Academy, owned by former professional tennis player Chris Evert. Boca Town Center, an upscale shopping center in central Boca Raton, is the largest indoor mall in Palm Beach County. The downtown is centered around Mizner Park.
Many buildings in the area have a Mediterranean Revival or Spanish Colonial Revival architectural theme, initially inspired by Addison Mizner, a resort architect who heavily influenced the city's early development. Still today, Boca Raton has a strict development code for the size and types of commercial buildings, building signs, and advertisements that may be erected within the city limits. No outdoor car dealerships are allowed in the municipality. No billboards are permitted; the city's only billboard was grandfathered in during annexation. The strict development code has led to several major thoroughfares without large signs or advertisements in the traveler's view. However, that regulation does not apply for West Boca Raton which lies outside of city limits. Palm Beach County laws have jurisdiction over that territory.
Business Results 1 - 10 of 48
Bing: Florida nursing schools Search results
Feds arrest suspects in Florida nursing school scam | Miami ...
An estimated 7,600 students paid a total of $114 million for phony nursing degrees from the South Florida schools and other suspect programs between 2016 and 2021. Of those, one-third, or about ...
Florida nursing schools sold thousands of fake diplomas ...
Siena College, Palm Beach School of Nursing and Sacred Heart International Institute – all based in south Florida – combined to distribute more than 7,600 fraudulent diplomas worth over $100 ...
Florida Maps & Facts - World Atlas
With an area of 170,312 sq. km, the State of Florida is the 3 rd most populous state in the USA. Located in Leon County, in the heart of the state’s northern panhandle region is Tallahassee – the capital city of Florida. Tallahassee serves as an educational hub for both Florida and the USA.
MyFlorida.com - The Official Portal of the State of Florida
State of Florida Directory An online telephone and email directory for State Government agencies and employees in Florida. Please notify us of any technical issues with this site.
Florida - Wikipedia
Florida is a state in the Southeastern region of the United States, bordered to the west by the Gulf of Mexico; Alabama to the northwest; Georgia to the north; the Bahamas and Atlantic Ocean to the east; and the Straits of Florida and Cuba to the south. It is the only state that borders both the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean.
Government of Florida | USAGov
Florida Find contact information and major state agencies and offices for the government of Florida. On This Page State Government State Agencies State Government Official Name: Florida Governor: Ron DeSantis Contact: Email the governor Main Address: The Capitol 400 South Monroe Street Tallahassee, FL, 32399-0001 Phone Number: 850-717-9337
Map of Florida | Places to visit in Florida
Floridians and those who visit enjoy a few common luxuries: no matter which Florida city or region you're in, you're always within a few hours from the ocean, the winters are generally warm and fresh, and locally caught seafood and homegrown citrus is plentiful. But that doesn't mean all Florida cities are alike. Each has its own unique history, identity and story to tell, whether it's a large urban metropolis or a small community built around its strawberry crops or cattle ranches.
Florida | Map, Population, History, & Facts | Britannica
Florida, constituent state of the United States of America. It was admitted as the 27th state in 1845. Florida is the most populous of the southeastern states and the second most populous Southern state after Texas. The capital is Tallahassee, located in the northwestern panhandle. Intracoastal Waterway, Fort Lauderdale, Florida Key Largo
Free Florida Travel Guides
Use these digital Florida Travel Guides to help you plan your trip to the Sunshine State. Find out about activities, attractions, accommodations, restaurants, transportation and other information you need to map out your Florida vacation. You can just browse these guides, of course, but you can also download and print them.
Florida Vacations, Travel & Tourism Guide | VISIT FLORIDA
Florida Vacations, Travel & Tourism Guide | VISIT FLORIDA SHARE SHARE WHAT YOU LOVE WITH THOSE YOU LOVE IT'S TIME FOR A FLORIDA VACATION Whatever you're imagining, you can make it real here. Explore the wide-open beauty of Florida. PLACES TO GO Northwest Northeast Central West Southeast Northwest Learn More View Cities STRATEGIC ALLIANCE PARTNERS