How to Select the Right RN School near Auburndale Florida
Locating the best nursing school near Auburndale FL may feel like a complex undertaking, especially if you have no idea what to search for in a good degree program. As you may already understand, for you to practice as a registered nurse, you need to obtain the proper education and training in order to become licensed. So it is essential that you study and evaluate the qualifications of each program you are contemplating before enrolling in your ultimate choice. Unfortunately, too many prospective students base their decision exclusively on the price of tuition and the nearness of the school. Picking the least costly program or the one that is closest to your residence is most likely not the most ideal way to select a nursing program. There are many essential additional considerations to investigate before you make a decision where to attend classes. But before we explore that checklist, let’s first discuss the nursing degree choices that are available along with what the roles of nurses are in our health system.
Request Free Information on Nursing Schools Below
Nursing Degree Options
There are several degree options to choose from to become a nurse. And in order to become a Registered Nurse (RN), a student must attend an accredited school and program. A nursing student can acquire a qualifying degree in just 2 years, or advance to achieve a graduate degree for a total of six years. Following are some brief explanations of the nursing degrees that are offered to aspiring students in the Auburndale FL area.
- Associates Degree. The Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) is normally a two year program made available by community colleges. It prepares graduates for an entry level job in nursing in healthcare centers such as hospitals, clinics or nursing homes. Many employ the ADN as an entry into nursing and ultimately obtain a more advanced degree.
- Bachelor’s Degree. The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) supplies more extensive training than the ADN. It is generally a four year program offered at colleges and universities. Licensed RNs may be qualified to complete an accelerated program based on their past training or degree and professional experience (RN to BSN). Those applying to the program may wish to progress to a clinical or administrative position, or be more competitive in the job market.
- Master’s Degree. The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is commonly a 2 year program after obtaining the BSN. The MSN program offers specialization training, for example to become a nurse practitioner or concentrate on administration, management or teaching.
After a graduating student has acquired one of the above degrees, she or he must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) in order to become licensed. Additional requirements for licensing can vary from state to state, so be sure to get in touch with the Florida board of nursing for any state mandates.
Why Choose the Nursing Profession?
Nurses are an important component of a Auburndale FL medical team, and for a large number of patients, their primary care providers. A career in nursing opens doors to many opportunities, including research, health care education and specialty areas of practice. Nurses enter the profession for various reasons, among the most meaningful are its practical and personal rewards. Nurses provide personal, one-on-one care to patients. Most individuals in a medical facility or home care setting have more contact with nurses than with physicians. Nurses commonly go into the profession out of a passion to tend to the needs of patients, including in instances of short-term treatment of illness and long-term care of chronic conditions. This humanistic aspect of the medical profession, rather than the research or analytical related facets, is appealing to many who decide to pursue a career in nursing. Nurses have a wide range of applicable skills and can select from a number of work environments, including nursing homes, doctor’s offices, health clinics, community centers and hospitals. Also, nurses can progress into a number of specialties, including addictions, critical care, neonatology and genetics. While most nurses deliver personal patient care, others elect to be teachers, policy advisers or pharmaceutical representatives.
Registered Nurse Job Functions
Registered nurses are the largest occupation in the healthcare delivery system. RNs practice in many different medical settings, including Auburndale FL hospitals, private practices, outpatient clinics, nursing homes and even schools. Their basic role is to assist doctors in the care of their patients. However, the particular duties of a registered nurse will depend on their job or area of expertise in addition to where they work. A few of the duties of an RN may include:
- Administering medications
- Monitoring patients
- Conducting physical examinations
- Managing care
- Overseeing LPNs, LVNs and nurse aides
- Educating patients and their families
- Keeping health records and charts
Nurses with a more advanced degree may have more complex job duties and responsibilities. Nurse practitioners (NP), for instance, must hold a Master’s Degree and normally work more independently than their RN counterparts. They can administer primary or specialty care services, prescribe medications, and diagnose and treat common illnesses or injuries.
Nursing Online Classes
Attending nursing schools online is emerging as a more popular way to get instruction and earn a nursing degree. Many schools will require attending on campus for part of the training, and almost all programs call for a specific number of clinical rotation hours completed in a local healthcare facility. But since the rest of the training can be accessed online, this alternative may be a more convenient solution to finding the free time to attend college for some Auburndale FL students. Concerning tuition, some online degree programs are cheaper than other on campus alternatives. Even additional expenses such as for commuting and study materials can be reduced, helping to make education more affordable. And a large number of online programs are accredited by organizations such as the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) for BSN and MSN degrees. And so if your work and household commitments have left you with little time to pursue your academic goals, it could be that an online nursing school will make it easier to fit a degree into your busy schedule.
What to Ask Nursing Programs
Once you have determined which nursing program to enroll in, and whether to attend your classes on campus near Auburndale FL or on the web, you can utilize the following guidelines to begin narrowing down your choices. As you undoubtedly realize, there are a large number of nursing schools and colleges throughout Florida and the United States. So it is necessary to decrease the number of schools to select from to ensure that you will have a workable list. As we already discussed, the site of the school as well as the cost of tuition are most likely going to be the initial two points that you will consider. But as we also emphasized, they should not be your sole qualifiers. So before making your final selection, use the following questions to evaluate how your selection measures up to the other programs.
- Accreditation. It’s a good idea to make sure that the degree or certificate program along with the school is accredited by a U.S. Department of Education recognized accrediting agency. Besides helping verify that you obtain a quality education, it may help in obtaining financial aid or student loans, which are often not offered in Auburndale FL for non-accredited schools.
- Licensing Preparation. Licensing criteria for registered nurses differ from state to state. In all states, a passing score is required on the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN) in addition to graduation from an accredited school. Certain states require a specified number of clinical hours be performed, as well as the passing of additional tests. It’s imperative that the school you are enrolled in not only delivers an excellent education, but also preps you to comply with the minimum licensing requirements for Florida or the state where you will be working.
- Reputation. Look at internet rating services to see what the reviews are for all of the schools you are looking into. Ask the accrediting agencies for their reviews as well. In addition, contact the Florida school licensing authority to determine if there are any complaints or compliance issues. Finally, you can contact some Auburndale FL healthcare organizations you’re interested in working for after graduation and ask what their judgments are of the schools as well.
- Graduation and Job Placement Rates. Find out from the RN programs you are looking at what their graduation rates are as well as how long on average it takes students to finish their programs. A low graduation rate may be an indication that students were displeased with the program and dropped out. It’s also imperative that the schools have high job placement rates. A high rate will not only substantiate that the school has a superb reputation within the Auburndale FL medical community, but that it also has the network of relationships to help students gain employment.
- Internship Programs. The most ideal way to obtain experience as a registered nurse is to work in a clinical environment. Essentially all nursing degree programs require a specified number of clinical hours be completed. Various states have minimum clinical hour mandates for licensing too. Ask if the schools have associations with Auburndale FL hospitals, clinics or labs and help with the placing of students in internships.
Top RN Colleges Online Auburndale Florida
Picking the right nursing school is perhaps the most critical phase to beginning a new career in the health care industry. There are various variables that you must take into account when choosing a nursing program. These variables will be prioritized differently contingent on your current career goals, lifestyle, and financial status. As we have emphasized in this content, it is critical that you choose a nursing college and a degree program that are each accredited and have exceptional reputations within the health care community. You originally came to this website due to your interest in Top RN Colleges Online and wanting more information on the topic Accelerated RN Training Programs Online.. However, by utilizing our list of qualifying questions, you will be able to produce a short list of schools to choose from so that you can make your final selection. And with the appropriate degree and training, combined with your hard work and drive to succeed, you can become a practicing nurse in Auburndale FL.
More Florida Nursing Locations
Auburndale is a city in Polk County, Florida, United States. The population was 11,032 at the 2000 census. According to the U.S Census estimates of 2005, the city had a population of 12,381. It is part of the Lakeland–Winter Haven Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Auburndale was founded in 1880 by Frank Fuller, who was seeking refuge from chilly winters in the Northeast United States. The place was originally named Sanatoria, from a hotel located there. When the railroad arrived in the 1880s, the town was renamed Auburndale at the suggestion of settlers from Auburndale, Massachusetts. The New England town had been named from the opening line of the poem "The Deserted Village" by Oliver Goldsmith. Early on, the city became a chosen destination for a number of America's most prominent artists.
Auburndale is located at 28°04′01″N 81°47′43″W / 28.066969°N 81.795252°W / 28.066969; -81.795252. The city is located 40 miles (64 km) northeast of Tampa and 59 miles (95 km) southwest of Orlando. Auburndale is located within the Central Florida Highlands area of the Atlantic coastal plain with a terrain consisting of flatland interspersed with gently rolling hills.
Business Results 1 - 10 of 4
Bing: Florida nursing schools Search results
Feds arrest suspects in Florida nursing school scam | Miami ...
An estimated 7,600 students paid a total of $114 million for phony nursing degrees from the South Florida schools and other suspect programs between 2016 and 2021. Of those, one-third, or about ...
Florida nursing schools sold thousands of fake diplomas ...
Siena College, Palm Beach School of Nursing and Sacred Heart International Institute – all based in south Florida – combined to distribute more than 7,600 fraudulent diplomas worth over $100 ...
Florida Maps & Facts - World Atlas
With an area of 170,312 sq. km, the State of Florida is the 3 rd most populous state in the USA. Located in Leon County, in the heart of the state’s northern panhandle region is Tallahassee – the capital city of Florida. Tallahassee serves as an educational hub for both Florida and the USA.
MyFlorida.com - The Official Portal of the State of Florida
State of Florida Directory An online telephone and email directory for State Government agencies and employees in Florida. Please notify us of any technical issues with this site.
Florida - Wikipedia
Florida is a state in the Southeastern region of the United States, bordered to the west by the Gulf of Mexico; Alabama to the northwest; Georgia to the north; the Bahamas and Atlantic Ocean to the east; and the Straits of Florida and Cuba to the south. It is the only state that borders both the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic Ocean.
Government of Florida | USAGov
Florida Find contact information and major state agencies and offices for the government of Florida. On This Page State Government State Agencies State Government Official Name: Florida Governor: Ron DeSantis Contact: Email the governor Main Address: The Capitol 400 South Monroe Street Tallahassee, FL, 32399-0001 Phone Number: 850-717-9337
Map of Florida | Places to visit in Florida
Floridians and those who visit enjoy a few common luxuries: no matter which Florida city or region you're in, you're always within a few hours from the ocean, the winters are generally warm and fresh, and locally caught seafood and homegrown citrus is plentiful. But that doesn't mean all Florida cities are alike. Each has its own unique history, identity and story to tell, whether it's a large urban metropolis or a small community built around its strawberry crops or cattle ranches.
Florida | Map, Population, History, & Facts | Britannica
Florida, constituent state of the United States of America. It was admitted as the 27th state in 1845. Florida is the most populous of the southeastern states and the second most populous Southern state after Texas. The capital is Tallahassee, located in the northwestern panhandle. Intracoastal Waterway, Fort Lauderdale, Florida Key Largo
Free Florida Travel Guides
Use these digital Florida Travel Guides to help you plan your trip to the Sunshine State. Find out about activities, attractions, accommodations, restaurants, transportation and other information you need to map out your Florida vacation. You can just browse these guides, of course, but you can also download and print them.
Florida Vacations, Travel & Tourism Guide | VISIT FLORIDA
Florida Vacations, Travel & Tourism Guide | VISIT FLORIDA SHARE SHARE WHAT YOU LOVE WITH THOSE YOU LOVE IT'S TIME FOR A FLORIDA VACATION Whatever you're imagining, you can make it real here. Explore the wide-open beauty of Florida. PLACES TO GO Northwest Northeast Central West Southeast Northwest Learn More View Cities STRATEGIC ALLIANCE PARTNERS